August 5, 2022 by dev_team
Image of female caregiver assisting an older male with paperwork

David lives at home with his wife Mary. He has Parkinson’s disease and mild cognitive decline. Mary wants to keep him home as long as possible, but she is struggling to provide the care he needs as she gets older.

He would like to apply for Medicaid to get home care services, but his income is too high to qualify. Using a Community Trust II account, he can deposit his surplus income each month and become financially eligible for services. The money he puts into the trust, can then pay their mortgage, property taxes and utility bills so that he can live safely and comfortably at home while getting assistance with daily tasks.

For more information, please reference our Frequently Asked Questions or give us a call at (518) 439-8323. We would be happy to assist you!

Disclaimer: This content is intended for educational purposes only and shall not constitute the provision of professional legal, tax or other advice. NYSARC, Inc. shall have no liability for errors, incorrect information, or inapplicability of information provided to any particular person/reader.

Join the NYSARC
Mailing List

Sign up for email updates about important industry topics, policy changes, new services, and other information!

Sign Me Up!

Contact Us!

PO Box 1531
Latham, NY 12110
Phone: (518) 439-8323 Fax: (518) 439-2670
Contact Us