Getting Started

Once you establish your pooled trust account, our team will help you learn the basics and get you started using the trust. By depositing funds into the trust, that money becomes the property of the trust and NYSARC manages that money on your behalf to help you pay your monthly expenses and make purchases that will improve your quality of life.

When you wish to use the funds in your account, you submit a request for review. NYSARC will then make payments to third parties, like your landlord to pay your rent or the utility company for your electric bill.

Advanced diagram on how a Pooled Trust works

How to Make Deposits

You can deposit money into a trust account one of the following ways:

Review frequently asked questions for more information. Contact customer service for assistance or to request additional copies of these forms.

How to Submit Disbursement Requests

Submit disbursement requests online or download the forms to schedule monthly payments:

Current requirements to submit a disbursement request:

  • A completed disbursement request form or automatic payment application
  • An authorized individual must sign
  • An invoice, bill, or receipt for an expense or service for the Beneficiary
  • Attach additional documentation as needed
  • Adequate funds “available” in the sub-trust account

Email/Fax Requests to:

Fax: (518) 439-2670
(available 24 hours)

Mail Requests to:

NYSARC Trust Services
PO Box 1531
Latham, NY 12110

Monitor Trust Activity

You can track the activity in a trust account online, submit requests, verify monthly deposits, download monthly bank statements and more. Our knowledgeable customer service team is dedicated to helping you manage your account with ease. If you ever have a question or concern, don’t hesitate to call us!

What Can the Trust Pay For?

Trust funds can be used for a wide range of life enhancing items and services that are for the primary benefit of the trust beneficiary. The benefits you receive can affect what your trust can pay for.*

Some common disbursement requests include:

  • A rent or mortgage payment*
  • Irrevocable pre-need funeral arrangements
  • Property maintenance or taxes*
  • Travel, recreation, and entertainment
  • Utility bills (gas, electric, water, etc.)
  • Other personal needs
  • Cable, cell phone, and other bills

For a detailed list of eligible and prohibited requests, please see the applicable Information and
Procedures document for your trust program.

*For a person on Supplemental Security Income (SSI), payment of food and shelter items may reduce benefits.

Join the NYSARC
Mailing List

Sign up for email updates about important industry topics, policy changes, new services, and other information!

Sign Me Up!

Contact Us!

PO Box 1531
Latham, NY 12110
Phone: (518) 439-8323 Fax: (518) 439-2670
Contact Us