How to Establish a Pooled Trust

Our team is happy to guide you through the enrollment process. Accounts are typically established in five (5) business days provided we receive all the appropriate documentation.

Please call customer service at (518) 439-8323 for assistance.

Watch the video for step-by-step instructions to establish an account.

Steps & Requirements for New Applicants

Download icon
STEP 1: Complete and sign JA and have it notarized
Document clip icon
STEP 2: Attach supporting documentation
Coins bank icon
STEP 3: Fund the Trust
Report icon
STEP 4: Send to NYSARC for Approval
NYSARC Trust Unrestricted Fund icon
STEP 5: What Happens Next?

Items currently required:

  • Completed Joinder Agreement (signed and notarized)
  • Copy of Beneficiary’s Social Security Card (for a replacement card, visit
  • Copy of Beneficiary’s Social Security Award Letter indicating benefit type and claim number (sample letter and instructions to verify benefits)
  • OR documentation of Federal Pension benefits
  • OR copy of SSA-1099 form (in place of SS Card and Award letter)

*NYSARC may request additional documentation for certain trust accounts. See the Information and Procedures for detailed instructions.

If someone other than the account Beneficiary/Donor is signing, you must also submit:

  • Copy of Power of Attorney - if signed by agent
    Note: Powers of Attorney executed before September 2010, must also provide an Affidavit of Full Force and Effect.
  • Copy of Guardianship Decree - if signed by legal guardian
  • Copy of Court Order - if established account pursuant to a Court Order

*Is the beneficiary unable to sign? Learn who can establish a trust account.

For instructions to establish a NYSARC Unrestricted Fund account, click here.

fax: 518-439-2670

NYSARC Trust Services
PO Box 1531
Latham, New York 12110

Send check payment and deposit slip directly to the bank at:

NYSARC, Inc. Community Trust
PO Box 1788
Albany, New York 12201

  • *Please ONLY send deposit checks to this address.
  • *Please note: Check payment and enrollment package must be mailed separately.

Join the NYSARC
Mailing List

Sign up for email updates about important industry topics, policy changes, new services, and other information!

Sign Me Up!

Contact Us!

PO Box 1531
Latham, NY 12110
Phone: (518) 439-8323 Fax: (518) 439-2670
Contact Us